Monday 16 July 2012

You're Lame, But I Like You

The finished product
It was an honor to work on this project for my sister Lucy. She got married on the 5th August 2011 and asked me to create the present for her husband to be as she wanted something unique painted on canvas.

My sisters fiance, Tom, is a big fan of Scott Pilgrim so it didn't take me long to spring an idea of a personalised Scott Pilgrim painting.

I found an image in one of the books that was perfect and made it paintable using GIMP, for those that are design illiterate (there's no shame in this) GIMP is a free design progra,. I highly recommend having a play with the program.

It took a little longer to find the quote, but with a little searching between us we decided on "You're lame, but I like you anyway... which we thought was perfect.

Armed with chalks and a freshly painted (and dried) canvas the work began.

I used the chalk to transfer the image across to the canvas - chalk rubbed away easily with an all purpose eraser so it served it's purpose well untilo no longer needed. Then I began to paint the image using black acrylic paint. Finally the quote was added using white acrylic.

Here are some work in progress images...

The purple in the background was the theme colour for her wedding, lovely Cadbury purple... yum yum!

Here is a lovely picture of my sister and her husband on their big day with me on the far right in my beautiful purple bridesmaid dress :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment