Wednesday 18 July 2012

Floral Make-up Bag

Floral Make-up Bag
I made this make up bag for my beautiful friend Sian who, like me, loves girly things.

It was nearing her birthday and I noticed when rumaging in her bag in the car that her make up was stuffed into the very small pocket at the side and was spilling out everywhere... she'll be the first to admit she loves her make-up!

I'm certain that at this moment ladies reading this will be nodding furiously in agreement. Handbags without pockets or extra storage are a nightmare and inevitably lead to either rummaging around furiously at a till or emptying the whole thing out on the floor/desk/sofa in frustration.

So here is a solution... a small make-up bag.

The beautiful and very feminine rose fabric and the navy blue lining fabric were sourced from a stall on Leicester market. The blue zip was purchased from Button Boutique, a lovely habadashery store in Leicester where I can often be found coo-ing at beautiful things.

Here is the tutorial I followed to make the bag Queen Of DIY Tutorial. Some areas were a little confusing but with a little measuring and fiddling I managed to figure it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment