Tuesday 17 July 2012

Crochet Bear

Cyrus' Crochet Bear
The bear project was rather self indulgent one to start with. I love bears, especially teddy bears...yes I am aware that that is a strange statement at my age!

So I decided to make a bear... but then realised that the poor thing would just end up on the top of my wardrobe and would never be cuddled at night. Out of guilt I decided the bear would be a present for my stepson Cyrus instead. Here he is...


The pattern I used was purchased from Etsy store sockmonkeykook. It was meant to be a red riding hood bear but as this was my first attempt at amigurumi I decided to forego the fancy bits and just made a simple bear.

For someone attempting this for the first time this pattern was a fantastic guide and the bear was complete in no time. Check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/sockmonkeykook for this and other patterns.

I'm afraid my other helpful item in making the bear was a Louise, who kindly guided me through my first attempt at working in the round despite my cries that I was useless at it. Unfortunately you can't buy her anywhere... sorry!

But isn't he such an adorable bear! I love him and thankfully so does Cyrus!

No comments:

Post a Comment