Saturday 21 July 2012

Christmas Bunting

Christmas Bunting

Yes yes yes... I am very aware that we are at the time of year where the mere mention of Christmas is punishable by death. But fear not... this is simply another item that I have made in the past. I am not on my Christmas mission...yet!

I used the following fabrics:
  • Red & white stripes
  • Red with white polka dots
  • Red with gold stars
  • A "Noel" design
  • Plain Green
To the plain green fabric I added contrasting stars using the other fabrics and used a tight zig zag stitch to attach them and seal the edge to stop fraying. Make sure you sew the star on before sewing the two triangles together!

If you are just starting out with a sewing machine then bunting is the project for you, it is very very simple.

For those that want to give it a go, here is a tutorial that appears to use similar methods to mine... Craftaholicsanonymous Tutorial.

Happy bunting making!

No comments:

Post a Comment